Happily Ever Afters Are Just A Book Away

Happily Ever Afters Are Just A Book Away

Friday, June 19, 2015

Daily Dose: Meet the Author

Gambling on the Outlaw releases in four days. Needless to say, I'm excited!

Yesterday, I introduced you to the characters in the book. 

Today, I'm going to introduce you to myself.


Name:  Margaret Madigan

Zodiac Sign:  Pisces

Chinese Zodiac:  Horse

Spirit Animal:  Bunny (it's kind of a long story...)

Okay, fine, I'll tell it. When my oldest son was a toddler, Hubby started calling him Monkey-boy because he was wild and always climbing on everything. Our daughter became Mousey-girl because she was born bald and her ears stuck out and she looked like Feivel's sister on An American Tail. Our youngest son became Froggie-boy because when he was a baby he had a big frog-like mouth, and when he was a toddler, he squatted down like a frog. I'm a bunny because Hubs always called me Snugglebunny (I know it's sappy, get over it). Hubs is a panda because he likes them. lol.

Favorite Color:  green  (more in the sage range than, say, the forest green range)

Favorite flower(s)  Lilac, Freesia, Carnation



Introvert or Extrovert:  So incredibly introvert.

Favorite Food:  I have a love/hate relationship with carbs. I love to eat them, but my waistline hates them. However, my favorite foods are donuts, cheesecake, pancakes, breakfast cereal. Bacon's pretty high on the list, too.Oh, and I like raspberries.


Favorite Book:  The Gunslinger, by Stephen King. I love the whole series (except book 4...sorry Steve), but the first is my favorite.
  
Favorite Movie:  I can't pick just one, so here's my top five:


             Galaxy Quest
             Mr. and Mrs. Smith
             Jurassic Park
             Back to the Future
             Aliens
            
(I'm a movie junkie. Picking only five was seriously painful. Any other day, the five might be different.)


Favorite TV series: Again, I'm a TV junkie, too, so I'm going to try to narrow to five:

            Stargate SG-1
            Supernatural
            The Walking Dead
            Breaking Bad
            Torchwood

(anyone else find it ironic that I write romance, yet my favorite books, movies, and TV series are all scifi and action???)

Favorite Music:  I'm actually not a big music fan. I listen to it while I write, but just as background to block out noise. I try to match the genre of music to the genre I'm writing, but overall I don't have favorite bands or songs or genres. I told someone recently I don't listen to music while I drive, and they looked at me like I'd spoke a foreign language.

Phobias:
*shudder*
           - You're going to scratch your head here, but I'm terrified of balloons (inflated ones).  I don't know
           why, but seriously, I have to leave the room if there's a balloon in it.
          - Spiders. This requires no explanation, because--spiders.
          - Open heights. Being in a plane is no biggie, being up high in the open--terrifying
          - Big crowds. I freak out being at the mall in the holiday shopping season.

Secret Fears:

         - As an author, that nobody will buy my work, or that nobody will like it. But I think that's a fear
           all authors share.
        - Personally, I fear I'll get to the end of my life and not have accomplished all the things I want to. The
          older I get, the more I realize how damn short life is, and how fast is speeds by.

What makes me sad:

        - My kids growing up and leaving the house. I'm happy they're embarking on the adventure of their
           lives, but God, I miss them.
        - Hatred. There's so much of it in the world right now. I don't understand why.
        - That humans can't seem to be good stewards for the planet. Mother Nature's running out of patience,
           and I doubt we'll like it when she finally says enough is enough.

What makes me happy:

Rufus

       - My friends, Hubby, kids.
       - My cat Rufus.
       - When I'm writing and the words and scenes flow. It's the most amazing high.
       - Springtime when everything is lush and green and full of life and hope.
       - Carbs.
       - Money. Shallow, I know, but there were a lot of years we couldn't pay the bills, so having enough
         money to pay the bills is such a blessing.

If I could live anywhere in the world, where?

     - I think I'd like to try living somewhere in Scandinavia. Not only is it beautiful, but they're politically,
       socially, and culturally progressive and responsible. I think that would be refreshing.

If I could have any superpower, what would it be?

      - My top three would be: healing, mind reading, teleportation

If I could have any skill or talent I don't already have, what would it be?

      - I'd like to be able to paint.

If I could meet any historical figure, who would I choose?

     - Top three would be Leonardo Da Vinci, Elizabeth I of England, Buddha

Leo

 

So, that's me in a nutshell. If I left anything out, feel free to ask.  I'd love to get to know all of you, so share some things about yourself in the comments!

~Margaret  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment