Yesterday, I introduced you to the characters in the book.
Today, I'm going to introduce you to myself.
Name: Margaret Madigan
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Favorite Color: green (more in the sage range than, say, the forest green range)
Favorite flower(s) Lilac, Freesia, Carnation
Introvert or Extrovert: So incredibly introvert.
Favorite Food: I have a love/hate relationship with carbs. I love to eat them, but my waistline hates them. However, my favorite foods are donuts, cheesecake, pancakes, breakfast cereal. Bacon's pretty high on the list, too.Oh, and I like raspberries.
Favorite Book: The Gunslinger, by Stephen King. I love the whole series (except book 4...sorry Steve), but the first is my favorite.
Favorite Movie: I can't pick just one, so here's my top five:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Back to the Future
(I'm a movie junkie. Picking only five was seriously painful. Any other day, the five might be different.)
Favorite TV series: Again, I'm a TV junkie, too, so I'm going to try to narrow to five:
The Walking Dead
(anyone else find it ironic that I write romance, yet my favorite books, movies, and TV series are all scifi and action???)
Favorite Music: I'm actually not a big music fan. I listen to it while I write, but just as background to block out noise. I try to match the genre of music to the genre I'm writing, but overall I don't have favorite bands or songs or genres. I told someone recently I don't listen to music while I drive, and they looked at me like I'd spoke a foreign language.
why, but seriously, I have to leave the room if there's a balloon in it.
- Spiders. This requires no explanation, because--spiders.
- Open heights. Being in a plane is no biggie, being up high in the open--terrifying
- Big crowds. I freak out being at the mall in the holiday shopping season.
- As an author, that nobody will buy my work, or that nobody will like it. But I think that's a fear
all authors share.
- Personally, I fear I'll get to the end of my life and not have accomplished all the things I want to. The
older I get, the more I realize how damn short life is, and how fast is speeds by.
What makes me sad:
- My kids growing up and leaving the house. I'm happy they're embarking on the adventure of their
lives, but God, I miss them.
- Hatred. There's so much of it in the world right now. I don't understand why.
- That humans can't seem to be good stewards for the planet. Mother Nature's running out of patience,
and I doubt we'll like it when she finally says enough is enough.
What makes me happy:
- My friends, Hubby, kids.
- My cat Rufus.
- When I'm writing and the words and scenes flow. It's the most amazing high.
- Springtime when everything is lush and green and full of life and hope.
- Money. Shallow, I know, but there were a lot of years we couldn't pay the bills, so having enough
money to pay the bills is such a blessing.
If I could live anywhere in the world, where?
- I think I'd like to try living somewhere in Scandinavia. Not only is it beautiful, but they're politically,
socially, and culturally progressive and responsible. I think that would be refreshing.
If I could have any superpower, what would it be?
- My top three would be: healing, mind reading, teleportation
If I could have any skill or talent I don't already have, what would it be?
- I'd like to be able to paint.
If I could meet any historical figure, who would I choose?
- Top three would be Leonardo Da Vinci, Elizabeth I of England, Buddha
So, that's me in a nutshell. If I left anything out, feel free to ask. I'd love to get to know all of you, so share some things about yourself in the comments!